It does not mean that when you are just a small or medium size company, you do not have a chance to be competitive in the marketplace or niche you are into. There are certainly a lot of tasks and tricks to do in order for your small business to grow and develop like any other big and established companies out there.
Certainly, out there, there are a lot of opportunities and advantages for small to medium sized companies. You just have to open your eyes to them and see for yourself how you can possibly be successful on the industry you wanted to develop.
To start with, small and medium business should focus on building a website. Of course, if you are on a budget, there are still a lot of ways to go through this. First, you have to know how to save your money and invest your money the right way online. Small businesses should be a lot smarter when it comes to spending money. So where do you possibly start?
For a local business, it is crucial to localize your content. Once you have your website running, you should be able to mention your location or address on your web pages. You should be able to let your readers know where your business operettas. It is also important to do such, since when people search a business or industry they wanted, search engines should be able to read your location information such as address, map, business name, phone number and so on.
There are certainly a lot of ways to mention your business location on your web page. The following are suggestions:
– On your homepage, while you are mentioning what your company is about and what it can do, you could also mention your business location and where people can find you in the first place.
– The About page should also include information of your business location.
– If you have a press page, you can also include your business location as well as phone address, email, fax number and so on.
– The Contact page of course should be able to mention all your business information needed for people who visits your site knows where you are located and how you can possibly be reached.
Claiming your business listing.
It is very important to claim your business listing to major search engines as well as other business listing found online. Below are some of the important and popular businesses listing online:
– Google local- caters to businesses with or without website. You can certainly list your business here if you do not have a website yet. Just make sure that you will be able to complete the form and be able to also let your viewers know how and where you can be found and contacted.
– Yahoo local- this also functions the same as Google local, only that you are optimizing and listing your business name here for the Yahoo local search results.
You can also fill up the forms here to get indexed not only by major search engines but also by other feeds. It is good that your website can be found here because major search engines used these pages to base their local listings.
Once you are done listing and optimizing your local website on search engines and other third party listing sites, you are now ready to include, mix and match your SEO tricks in order to develop and drive traffic t your website and in the long run can convert to higher sales.